Halloween is right around the corner…and you know what that means! Haunted Houses! Yes or is it NO!! We have comprised a list of the best Haunted Houses in Illinois in one great location! Descriptions are from the original websites and links are included! You’re Welcome!
- Basement of the Dead– Aurora, IL “Top 13 Haunted Houses in America” In the late 1920’s, Walker Laundry opened at 42 West New York St. and became Aurora’s largest laundry Company. Around 1945 Imus Kilya was working there as maintenance engineer. His son Al came to work as his assistant in 1960. Heat for the building and steam for the presses was supplied by a coal fired boiler installed when the building was built. Al and Imus continually complained that it needed to be replaced, but management wouldn’t spend the money. In 1964 the boiler exploded maiming and scalding Al and Imus. They never returned to work and rumor was they had vowed to get even. Under the streets and building were sewer lines and tunnels well known to Al and Imus. A year or so after the explosion people from the laundry started to disappear and body parts were found in the river near the drainage pipes. Al and Imus were suspected but never found. The laundry eventually closed and the basement was never used again. Businesses have come and gone but nobody stays. Basement Of The Dead is proof that Al & Imus still exist and have made this basement their home. The mutilation and horror you will witness is so shocking, you’ll wish you never entered. SO COME WALK THE BASEMENT OF AL & IMUS KILYA. IF YOU’VE GOT THE GUTS!
- Statesville Haunted Prison– Crest Hill, IL The Prisoners have rioted, the guards have fled, a darkness has seized control of this Maximum Security Prison and our Warden has opened the gates for visitors. After the prisoners have processed “The Meat/Visitors”, you will be forced to find your way through 23 maximum security cells and come eye to eye with over 100 criminals that were too evil to die. Statesville Haunted Prison®. No one escapes. After you find your way out of the mighty walls of Statesville, you must descend into the burial pit of City Of The Dead. In these caves and mine shafts you will find the mass graves of Statesville’s past inmates. Here, in the depths of this unholy tomb, the Gatekeeper has risen from the dead and the zombies are on the march. You must make it back to the surface before you become a permanent resident.
- Dungeon of Doom– Zion, IL Come Celebrate our 20-Year Fear-Union in 2016! Located between Chicago and Milwaukee at the old Briquette Factory in Zion, the Dungeon of Doom has has engraved its name in Haunt History because year after year, the sickest minds in the industry take the chill to new heights. While heart-pounding boundaries are pushed to the limit, DOD’s freak show shatters expectations with unmatched attractions, such as the one-of-a-kind Buried Dead or Alive, where everyone in your group will be physically buried. The DOD continues to reach the boundaries with the best Killer Crew including the lurking ghouls, deranged clowns and shambling undead. They are sure to scare you right out of your skin!
- 13th Floor– Melrose Park, IL Horror in the Heart of Chicago! This Halloween Season, explore the legend of the 13th floor at one of the most horrifying haunted house experiences in Chicago, the 13th Floor Haunted House! In most buildings, the 13th Floor does not exist. But, hidden in this building, it’s very real.
Experience the truth about the legend of the 13th Floor at a haunted house created from your darkest fears. Legends and nightmares alike will come to life at the 13th Floor, Chicago’s legendary haunted house, a gut-wrenching ride to untold nightmares 13 floors straight down!
- Baldwin Asylum– Rantoul, IL Baldwin Asylum screams into 2016 as Central Illinois’ premiere haunted attraction. Located at 2040 Lon Dr. in Rantoul, IL., Baldwin Asylum was ranked in the Top 10 Haunted Houses by HauntedIllinois.com and was voted Visitors’ Favorite Haunt.
Baldwin Asylum is a journey through the aftermath of a witch’s curse. Come with us as we expand her curse from the start to the brutal end! Each season we are giving you an experience that is longer, darker, and more terrifying. Can you survive 10,000 square feet of absolute terror?